Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Waiting for the New Zelda Game

The latest Zelda game came out for Gamecube today at 5:00 PM, and I got to wait in line for it. My mother heard there were shortages so she asked my father to go to Target to get a copy. She needed two copies as Christmas presents, and purchases were limited to one per person so I ended up going to be the second person.

We got to Target a little after 4:30 PM. Fortunately, there were only two people in line when we got there. A couple in their 60's got in line behind us a few minutes later to buy a copy for their grandson, and another person got in line a few minutes before 5. Seven people in line. I felt a little foolish waiting in such a short line.

Then 5:00 came, and I saw the store had only 6 copies of the game. Those of us in line were the only people to get a copy of the game. I was shocked at how few copies were available. I figured at least 20 would be available, but I felt a lot less foolish waiting in line. It's going to be hard to find a copy of Zelda by Christmas.