Monday, April 23, 2007

Leopard Delay a Blessing for Me

Apple did me a favor as a writer by delaying the release of Mac OS X 10.5 from June to October. With a June release I would have had a difficult decision to make: delay updating Xcode Tools Sensei until I finished the OpenGL book, or delay development on the OpenGL book to update the Xcode book. Apple gave me another four months to finish the OpenGL book.

All updates for Xcode 3 and Leopard will come in a new edition of Xcode Tools Sensei. Xcode and Interface Builder are going to have major updates. Trying to juggle Xcode 1.x, 2.x, and 3 in one text would be difficult for me to write and you to read. I also will have to take a bunch of new screenshots so it makes sense to have two versions of the book: the current version that supports Xcode 1.x and 2.x, and a new version specifically for Xcode 3. The electronic edition of the Xcode 3 version would be available at a discount for everyone who has the current version of the book.